Got questions? We've got   answers


What is an HCP?

HCPs are healthcare professionals such as RNs, LPNs, STNAs/CNAs and CMAs/TMAs/CMTs.


What is Per Diem?

Per Diem is generally referred to as day-to-day staffing. These shifts generally come up on a shorter notice due to the unexpected absence of the facility's staff. 




Do I have to sign a contract?

You do not have to sign a contract for per diem staffing. We do offer long term opportunities, typically 13 weeks, which require a signed staffing agreement that commits both you and the facility to the assignment.


If I am on an assignment and I don't like it, do I have to stay?

Yes, if you are in the middle of an assignment you are obligated to fulfill your scheduled shift and/or your contract. Please contact us once you have completed your shift and share with us the reasons you didn't like it so we can update your preference list and also better match someone for that shift in the future. 




What is a GrapeTree STAT Responder?

A STAT Responder is a fully credentialed individual that has the ability to respond to last minute shortages, emergencies and disasters within the healthcare industry. Click here to learn more!


How do I become a STAT Responder?

STAT Responders must successfully complete all program requirements set forth. The program contains rules, regulations, codes and laws required by local, state and federal regulatory bodies as well as standards set forth by The Joint Commission, GrapeTree Medical Staffing and other reputable organizations involved in healthcare staffing. 




How much does it cost to sign up with GrapeTree Medical Staffing?

It's free. Healthcare providers, such as yourself, are not charged a fee to be part of our team. 


How long does the application process take?

The application process will move as quickly as you would like it to. You will, however, have a maximum of 30 days to complete the application process from start to finish. If you feel that you need more time, please contact GrapeTree to request an extension on your deadline.


Do I have to leave my present job?

No, not by any means will we ask you to leave your current job. In fact, GrapeTree Medical Staffing prefers you keep your full-time job and utilize our shifts to supplement your income. If you do choose to work for GrapeTree, our dedicated Staffing Specialists will work hard to ensure that you work your desired amount of hours each week. At no time during your employment with GrapeTree will you be obligated or required to pick up a certain amount of shifts. 




What is the Application Center Mandatory Education? 

The Application Center is a free E-learning software allowing us to provide training to healthcare providers. The primary purpose is to facilitate learning and review of regulatory requirements for The Joint Commission, IOSHA and other state, federal and GrapeTree Medical Staffing requirements. Training is required at the time of application and yearly thereafter.

(Joint Commission, Standard HR.1 c, OSHA, State and Federal regulatory agencies) 


How do I get started with the Application Center?

Log in as a returning applicant. Once logged in, look under the 'My Tasks' section to see what checklists, tests or employee forms are assigned. Click on the name of the document to open it up to proceed.


How do I get to the Application Center login?

Click here to log in 24/7 to your Application Center continuing education credentials. 


What should I do if I forget my user ID or password? 

Your password is confidential and is not shared with administrative staff. If you forget your unique password, click on the 'Lost Your Password?' link located under the 'Returning Applicant's' login. Type in your email address and your password will be emailed to you.


What should I do if I am unable to finish an online course or the exam in one sitting?

If you are not able to finish an online course or exam in one sitting, please do not begin the test. Once you begin a test, you will need to complete it before submitting and exiting. If you do not complete the test or your time runs out, the system will show that you failed. 


What happens if I fail a test?

Every state has different requirements for test taking. Please contact (712) 336-0800 extension 2702 to inquire about a test being reassigned. The Specialist will determine if you are able to take the test again based off previous attempts.  

What happens if I am unable to open the course or get a blank screen?

Contact the GrapeTree Credentialing Department by calling (712) 336-0800 extension 2702. 




What is Workforce Portal? 

As one of our active healthcare providers, you will have access to a personalized workforce portal via the internet. In your portal, you will find the option to update your calendar, which once filled out enables your Staffing Specialist to assist you in finding needs that meet your specifications. You also have the capability of viewing and suggesting yourself for available shifts. Visit our Employee Center page to learn more!


What if I have days that I cannot work?

By keeping your online availability calendar updated in your workforce portal, we can easily tell which days you are available. If you have a day pop up in which you cannot work, please contact your GrapeTree Staffing Specialist to have them mark your calendar as 'Do Not Work.'


What if I am sick or have an emergency and can't work my scheduled shift?

We understand that emergencies come up and people get sick, but since we are in the business of filling shifts for those types of emergencies already, it is very important that we're alerted immediately. Employees who are sick or cannot work a scheduled shift must notify our office and the facility as soon as possible so arrangements can be made to find a replacement. In the case of an illness, a doctor's note is required to be sent to our office so we can be accountable to the facilities we staff. 


Can I choose the facilities in which I'd like to work at?

Yes, you can choose the facilities where you would like to work. Our online portal allows you to see shifts up to 250 miles of all facilities, or at facilities that are only marked as your preferred. Communication with your Staffing Specialist will ensure that you are only notified of facilities that you want to work at. 


Who do I contact if I have concerns for patient care and safety? 

We encourage you to discuss your concerns directly with the facility using the appropriate chain of reporting. If your concerns can't be resolved through the facility or GrapeTree management, you are encouraged to contact The Joint Commission at the Office of Quality Monitoring (OQM) at (800) 994-6610. GrapeTree will take no disciplinary or punitive action for reports of safety or quality-of-care concerns.  




Where do I find the timesheets?

Timesheets are located on the Employee Center page of our website. You have easy and quick access, 24 hours a day, to timecards and all our forms. 


How do I get timesheets to GrapeTree?

Timesheets can be submitted via the WorkForce Portal


When do timesheets have to be submitted?

Timesheets need to be submitted each week by 8 a.m. on Sunday. There may be a delay in your payment if timesheets are not submitted by the deadline. 


What if I work at different facilities during the same week? Can I use the same timesheet for all of them?

Unfortunately, in order for us to keep reports clear for the facilities, we do require that you use separate timesheets for each facility you work at. 


Do I have to use a GrapeTree timesheet? What if I forgot to bring a timesheet with me to the facility?

All of your shifts worked must be submitted on a GrapeTree timesheet. Handwritten timesheets will not be accepted. If you forgot to bring a timesheet to the facility, you may download one from our website if the facility has computer access. If the facility does not have computer access, it is your responsibility to make arrangements with the facility to get a GrapeTree timesheet completed in order for you to be paid. 




Where do I find forms?

Forms are located on the Employee Center page of our website. 


What is an I-9 and who needs to complete one?

An I-9 is a federal document to verify employment eligibility within the United States. All employees that are hired by GrapeTree must complete an I-9 with identification documents within three days of accepting a position with GrapeTree to comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). 


Why do I need to fill out a W-4?

Federal and state W-4s are required to provide information to the Accounting Department to withhold the appropriate amount of taxes for each employee. If you have questions on filling out the W-4s, you can contact GrapeTree's Accounting Department at (712) 336-0800 ext 2711 or contact your personal tax advisor. (IRS and Department of Treasury)


What if I don't understand how to properly complete my federal and state W-4s?

No problem! Contact our Accounting Department at (712) 336-0800 ext 2711 and someone will be happy to answer any questions you may have. 


When will I receive my W-2 at year end?

Per the Federal Government, the deadline for issuance for W-2s is January 31. Please make sure you have a current address on file so your W-2 will arrive in a timely manner. 




How do I get documents/credentials to GrapeTree?

Documents can be faxed to GrapeTree at (888) 678-4077 or emailed to

How do I know if documents sent are received by GrapeTree?

An email receipt will be sent once the document(s) are received for processing. 


When will documents be added to my file?

Once the documents are received and reviewed for accuracy, they are uploaded to your file. If any changes or corrections are needed, you will be contacted to make those revisions.


What does the documentation process look like?

Following recommendation for hire, we will go over all documentation and testing that need to be completed prior to working at any GrapeTree facility. Once documents are received, your file will be reviewed. Once accepted, you will receive a link to log in to your personalized Workforce Portal, and your Staffing Specialist will contact you to answer questions and guide you through our Workforce Portal and any policies that must be followed.


What are the requirements for certifications?

Copies (front and back) of all applicable clinical certifications such as BCLS, ACLS, PALS and NPR (these certifications should be American Heart Association, Healthcare Provider). (Joint Commission, Standard HR2.a) 


What is required for the health examination and TB screening?

Employees should have a physical examination within six months prior to or upon employment. Once hired, employees must provide an updated health statement every four years. Tuberculin skin tests are required at the time of employment and annually thereafter. (Inspections and Appeals 58.10 (3))


What immunization records are required?

All healthcare professionals must submit a record of the Hepatitis B series, titer showing immunity or declination. MMR, Varicella, Tetanus and/or Influenza are facility specific and may be required. Records must be an official document or signed by a healthcare provider. (CDC, Joint Commission, Standard HR.1, OSHA)


What is needed for the Dependent Adult Abuse? What is needed for the Mandatory Reporter: Child and Dependent Adult Abuse?

All healthcare professionals working in Iowa must complete an approved Dependent Adult Abuse training, along with a Mandatory Reporter: Child and Dependent Adult Abuse training through DHS and obtain a certificate for each course. Each training consists of a 2-hour course in which a certificate will be obtained. Certificates are valid for three years and offer a 1-hour recertification training.    

Dependent Adult Abuse and Mandatory Reporter: Child and Dependent Adult Abuse:


What is an identification badge and why do I need to get one?

Healthcare professionals must identify themselves through the use of identification badges. A 2x2 passport photo or approved digital submitted photo is required to create your personal name badge. A photo identification badge will be mailed to each applicant after the file is complete. (Iowa General Assembly: 147.162) Click here to see photo guidelines.




Why do I need a bank account? 

GrapeTree utilizes direct deposit in order to prevent lost checks and to guarantee you receive payments on time. It also allows us to pay more frequently than other organizations. Therefore, a checking or savings account is required for direct deposit. 


Why do I have to submit a voided check, direct deposit form, or bank letterhead?

GrapeTree utilizes direct deposit for payroll. The voided check, direct deposit form, or bank letterhead helps ensure funds are deposited into the correct bank account by allowing verification of the routing and account numbers. GrapeTree does not accept deposit slips.


How do I get paid? Will taxes be taken out?

Wages are paid every Friday for work performed during the previous week ending on Saturday. To assist in handling tax deductions, GrapeTree automatically withholds FICA, Medicare taxes and federal and state taxes from each paycheck. 


How do I get my weekly pay stubs?

Your pay stubs are added weekly to your iSolved account. To view present and previous pay stubs, access iSolved located on our Employee Center page.


When does the workweek begin and end?

The GrapeTree workweek begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. During contracts and special projects, you may be required to work the facility's workweek, but you will be notified before your shift if that is the case. 


Is direct deposit required?

Employees hired before July 1, 2005 had the option of receiving auto deposit of paychecks or receiving a manual check when they began employment. Employees who elected to receive a manual check are paid monthly on the 15th of every month or the next business day, should the 15th fall on a weekend or holiday. Employees hired on or after July 1, 2005 are required to sign up for auto deposit of paychecks as a condition of hire per Iowa Code Section 91A.3 (3) and 91A.6. These employees do have the option to withdraw from auto deposit once they begin working to receive monthly manual checks instead. 


Do you pay overtime?

All hours worked over forty hours within a workweek will be paid at one and one-half times the regular hourly wage. Working more than forty hours is not allowed unless pre-approved by GrapeTree and the facility in which overtime will be incurred. 


Do you reimburse for mileage, housing, meals and other expenses?

Certain long-term assignments do have funds available for reimbursement of certain expenses. When starting a long-term assignment, you will be notified if you will receive any reimbursements. If that is the case, an expense report must be submitted with the actual receipts to receive reimbursement for qualifying expenses incurred during the assignment. 


What is an electronic payment authorization?

It is an authorization agreement for automatic payroll deposit. This process prevents lost checks and allows us to pay frequently. We utilize auto deposit for weekly paychecks. 




Is there a health insurance plan? If so, how do I apply?

Employees may become eligible for the health insurance plan after 1 year of employment with an average of 30 hours per week. If you do meet the minimum requirements, our Human Resources Department will reach out  to you. You can choose to accept or deny coverage at that time. If interested or you have any questions, feel free to contact our Human Resources Department at (712) 336-0800 ext 2774.


Is AFLAC available?

AFLAC benefits are available to all employees at their own cost. Employees may be eligible to participate after 90 days of employment and a 13 week assignment or eligible long-term assignment with an average of 30 hours per week.

Tel: (712) 336-0800
Fax: (888) 678-4077
2501 Boji Bend Drive, Suite 100
Milford, Iowa 51351

© 2020 GrapeTree Medical Staffing | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Equal Opportunity Employer | EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer